72 Hour Mode is the default game setting for Dead Rising. As Frank West, survive three days in the Willamette Parkview Mall (7.2 hours real time), rescuing other survivors of the zombie outbreak, and attempting to discover the reason behind the undead.
- 1 Game time
- 2 Timeline
- 3 Expired scoop and case times
- 4 Endings
- 5 Images
- 6 Notes
- 7 See also
- 8 External links
|Real Time||1 sec.||5 sec.||25 sec.||50 sec.||1 min.||1.4 min.||3 min.||4 min.||5 min.||20 min.||1 Hour||2 hours||10 hours||14 hours||24 hours||34 hours 35 minutes|
|Game Time||12 sec.||1 min.||5 min.||10 min.||12 min.||20 min.||36 min.||48 min.||1 Hour||4 Hours||12 hours||1 Day||5 days||7 days||12 days||17 days 7 hours|
Pink sections are partially unconfirmed times. Not all 8 hour survivor rule combinations are listed.
DAY ONE September 19
DAY TWO September 20
DAY THREE September 21
DAY FOUR September 22
|12:00am||Special Forces arrive for cleanup|
|10:00am||Special Forces withdraw|
|10:00am||Welded door from Security Room to Entrance Plaza is now open.|
Expired scoop and case times
Scoops and case from day 1
Scoops from day 2
Scoops from day 3
Unorganized screenshots with times
- Day 3
- Day 3 3 44 pm onward
At 11:30 am on Day 4 a cutscene will show Ed heading to the Mall to pick up Frank. A half hour later game time, the final cutscene begins.
The six endings depend on the players actions:
|A||50,000||Unlocks Overtime Mode. Ed DeLuca is attacked by a zombie aboard his helicopter and crashes. Frank West falls to his knees and does nothing to defend himself from the incoming zombies behind him, leading to Overtime Mode.||thumb|200px|right|Ending A|
|B||50,000||Frank, Otis Washington and Jessie McCarney are taken to safety.||thumb|200px|right|Ending B|
|C||15,000||Ed observes the helipad from another rooftop and cannot see Frank. He assumes Frank's dead and starts to leave but is attacked by a zombie.||thumb|200px|right|Ending C|
|D||15,000||Frank is captured by the Special Forces.||thumb|200px|right|Ending D|
|E||15,000||Otis and Jessie get picked up by Ed. Frank didn't get there in time and is left behind.||thumb|200px|right|Ending E|
|F||5,000||Carlito Keyes's bombs detonate during Case 7-2: Bomb Collector.||thumb|200px|right|Ending F|
Avocados are from Mexico
- Ends at Day 3, September 22, 12 pm, when the helicopter arrives.
- The Big List Of Who, What, When, and Where for Dead Rising, newcenstein.com.
- 1: Bill, 2: Aaron, 3: Burt, 4: Leah, 5. Sophie, 6. Greg, 7. Yuu 8. Shinji
- Lights in mall shut off ever night at 10 pm. Lights never turn off in any of the anchor stores: Huntin' Shack, Colby's Movieland, Crislip's Home Saloon, Seon's Food & Stuff. Lights also stay on in the Security Room.
- As it becomes dark, zombies become more aggressive every night.
- Psychopath: The Convicts
- For Twin Sisters at 9 am: 1. Sophie, 2. Ross, 3. Tonya, 4. Josh, 5. Rich, 6. Barbara, 7. Gordon, the twins in Twin Sisters would push the survivor number to 9.
- For Above The Law at 12 pm: 1. Sophie, 2. Josh, 3. Rich, 4. Barbara, 5. Gordon, 6. Ronald, 7. Heather, 8. Pamela the four women in Above The Law would push the survivor number to 12.
- For Gun Shop Standoff at 1 am: Assuming you already have taken care of Sophie and Jennifer (The Cult): 1. Beth, 2. Cheryl, 3. Michelle, 4. Nathan, 5. Ray, (1 to 5 is A Strange Group) 6. Kindell, the three in Gun Shop Standoff would push the survivor number to 9.
- For Long Haired Punk at 1 am: Assuming you already have taken care of Sophie and Jennifer (The Cult): Any combination of the following: 1. Beth, 2. Cheryl, 3. Michelle, 4. Nathan, 5. Ray, (1 to 5 is A Strange Group) 6. Kindell, 7. Gil, 8. Alyssa, 9. Brett, 10. Jonathan the three in Long Haired Punk would push the survivor number above 8.
- Ronald's Appetite
- Dead Rising Featured Guide, Cheat Happens.
- At the same moment Barricade Pair expires on Day 2, September 20, 4:00 am, Otis calls five hours late for Shadow Of The North Plaza, see Eight survivor rule)